Monday, October 11, 2010

new man

Ephesians 4:22-24
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Interesting that this passage has likely been floating around me since I was a kid, and it just never really registered. Over the past 6 years or so, and even more so in the last 2-3, I think I have actually seen and experienced a tangible, palpable “turning of the man” in myself. I guess that when someone who has been told of the work of the Holy Spirit for years and years actually starts to see it, it can easily be attributed to other things... getting older, interests evolving, etc. But I feel that the Holy Spirit really has been at work in my life. Maybe He is using other things…like getting older, evolving interests, etc… for His work to click with me. But this conversatio is real. And it’s not dull, or boring. It’s exciting and peaceful all at the same time.

No comments: